This year is flying past, Christmas is just around the corner and now our attention is shifting to the new year. But what will be hot when it comes to brand marketing in 2014? Here are some pointers that I think you should keep in mind:
- Get mobile – Mobile is now mainstream and any brands that want to be taken seriously need to look hard at their online presence to make sure it’s mobile optimised. In 2014, more than ever, consumers will be browsing the internet and making purchases on their mobile devices so it’s up to brands to make this as easy for them as possible.
- Get emotional – Customers are making emotional decisions to connect with one brand rather than another and brands from John Lewis to Google are playing to this in their marketing. Successful brands should bear this in mind to differentiate themselves from their competition.
- Get engagement – It might sound obvious but if customers don’t engage with your brand, it will fall by the wayside. We are all constantly bombarded with information – on our phones, through our TVs, on our journeys to work. Reach out to your target market and invite them in, then, if they choose to engage with you, keep them interested!
- Get personal – Consumers are starting to not only expect advertising that has been selected for them because it is relevant to their interests and lifestyle but also services and experiences that are targeted to their needs.
- Get visual – With so much for us all to take in these days, a brand’s use of imagery has never been so important. The blog posts that most people choose to share are the ones with well-placed imagery and infographics – they go viral on social media because they allow information to be digested quickly and easily. The popularity of social sites such as Instagram and Pinterest are testament to this.
So here’s to a creative and successful new year for all of us – please do get in touch for a chat if we can help your brand achieve its potential in 2014.
Samuel Burgess, Managing Director